It is important to hire the right plumbing contractor, whether you are installing a new water heater, bathroom sink, or toilet. Google can be overwhelming and time-consuming when searching for a local plumber. The following are some tips for hiring the right plumbing contractor for your SF Bay Area home renovation project.
- Find trusted websites that rate customer satisfaction, such as the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List. When you have a shortlist of 3-5 possible plumbers to review, check out their websites. The website of a great company will provide information about its services and rates. If you have questions that are not addressed on the website, you can call a company representative for assistance.
- Get recommendations from family and friends you trust. It is possible for them to tell you which plumbers they have used and what they thought of them. It may be possible for them to refer you to a plumber who provides satisfactory service. You can also search online and look for the company’s customer reviews.
- If you decide to call the company, either for information or to schedule an appointment, take note of how you are treated. You want to work with a plumbing company that keeps customer service at a high standard. Treating you with respect and effectively answering all y our questions is a good sign of great customer service.
- For both your and the plumber’s protection, make sure they are licensed, certified, and insured. Request references and verify their validity.
- Research the address of the plumbing business to make sure it really exists. You want to work with a local company that has a vested interest in the community and in keeping customers satisfied and coming back.
- Guarantees are important. Make sure the job isn’t subcontracted to different plumbers that may not offer the same guarantees. You want tthe job done on time, and, if there are any problems, you want the plumber to repair, replace or do whatever is necessary to provide a satisfactory result.